9.11.2008

My Response to Meghan McCain ...by Melida Arredondo

MichaelMoore.com
Must Read
http://www.michaelmoore.com/mustread/index.php?id=1044
My Response to Meghan McCain ...by Melida Arredondo, Stepmom of Soldier Killed in Iraq
September 11th, 2008

September 9, 2008 - Meghan McCain: 'No One Knows What War Is Like Other Than My Family' "I mean, my family — I have two brothers serving in the military. One is about to redeploy to Iraq," McCain said. "My father is obviously a famous war hero. No one knows what war is like other than my family, period."

I respond...
Meghan McCain was born in 1984 and has the opportunity to speak to the media. My stepson Alex also was born in 1984. He cannot speak to the media. Why? Because he was deployed to Iraq twice and killed on his second tour. He returned from his first tour of duty very much impacted by PTSD, yet returned to be with his troops to be at their side.
We also have a nephew who is currently serving in Afghanistan in the army.
My family has more than an idea of what war is like. We live the war every day. When we have a holiday, there's a place set for Alex.
What my husband and I do not have an idea of is what it would be like to hold our 24 year old son in our arms again since he was killed at the age of 20. Period.

http://www.michaelmoore.com/mustread/index.php?id=1044
Generated on: Thursday 11th of September 2008 04:40:32 PM

Site Created by Plank

No comments: