9.11.2008

Seven years since...

That day so pretty in Boston
I sat with Katie and Matt
Then 8:47 am changed my day
When evil hit us all

Stunned I was, still am
An arrow between my eyes
Sounds of peace from no planes
Days after without airplane tracks overhead

Airspace returned to the heavens
Many lives sacrified to the Gods of retribution
An eye for an eye rhetoric turned hearts to stone
A vulnerable nation turned to hatethought

More US troops have been killed in Iraq than that day
'Remember 9-11' as justification given to the mourners of dead soldiers
Iraqi and Afghan citizens' blood as holy water for the converts to Jihad a la USA

Tears purify my open wounds
My 'sun's' death began on 091101
At 17, his beauty dimmed by duty and honor for his nation
Following the commander in chief into a web of 'why he must serve'

At 20, still beautiful and dead in his Marine dress blues lying in state -
Almost three years since towers and airplanes fell from the sky
Our sacrifice to 9-11 felt profoundly by kin around the globe
His breath stilled, our hearts tearing, a nation still not healed...

No comments: