8.28.2008

8.27.08

Drive Day 2 - Cleveland to Minneapolis

I've always been convinced that Carlos is made of different material than I am. This long trip driving from MA to MN confirms that. He has driven the whole trip (let's not include the 90 minutes I drove which is insignificant). Even more astounding is that he is in good spirit, has a bit of lower back pain and in better shape than I am. I've taken three naps today and am pooped. Geez, what a light weight. We only hit one traffic jam in Chicago. That made Carlos happy. Why? More people see the display, of course. The cost of gas has made this a $250 trip one way (for us both). It's an investment to have this display showing the cost of war - one that is worth it.
9 p.m. - We made it. Carlos is cranky so that means he's getting tired. Do you blame him?
Now we are both watching DNC. We are listening to Biden. It's actually a good speech. I missed Hillary. That's 'ok'. More writing manana...

No comments: